Antioxidants are substances that act against free radicals. Help protect or inhibit cell damage caused by free radicals. Which the human body can produce a certain amount of antioxidants already. However, it has to rely on antioxidants from outside the body. Such as eating food, to be sufficient.
Source of antioxidants.
There are both naturally occurring and man-made antioxidants. Natural free radicals are found in all the foods we eat every day. Especially fruits and vegetables that are rich in high amounts. Human-synthesized antioxidants are available in the form of supplements or as components added to various food products. UFABET The nutrients that are high sources are as follows:
- Beta-carotene and vitamin A are found in yellow and orange fruits and vegetables such as carrots, pumpkins, papayas, ripe mangoes, tomatoes, kale, gourds .
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin found in foods such as kale, spinach, broccoli, corn, peas.
- Lycopene is found in red fruits and vegetables such as tomatoes, melons, apricots.
- Selenium is found in foods such as red meat, tuna, liver, eggs , and spinach.
- Vitamin C is found mostly in guava and citrus fruits.
- Vitamin E is found in a wide variety of foods. Including nuts, seeds, green leafy vegetables, fruits, meat, eggs, wheat germ, whole wheat bread and whole grain cereals.